Is Google Search Console failing to retrieve your website’s sitemap? It is possible that you need to refresh your permalinks.
To do that:
- Go to your /wp-admin page.
- Go to the “Settings” menu and click on Permalinks.
- Once on the permalinks page, without altering anything, click on “Save Changes.”
Give it some time and then go test yoursite.com/sitemap.xml and see if Google is finally picking something up.
You can find some more ideas here:
- Yoast SEO’s help on sitemaps,
- Learn about sitemaps from Google,
- Find out if your sitemaps follow the protocol.